Excuses for Being Late
- Where is everyone? We were supposed to start fifteen minutes ago!
- Jo called and said she'd be here in a sec. She said she got tied up with a client.
- Sorry I'm late everyone. There was a huge traffic jam on the highway this morning.
- Morning everyone! Were you stuck in traffic as well, Jess? There was a huge pileup on the highway and the traffic was backed up for miles.
- Scott just called and said that he's running late. His last meeting ran over, but he's on his way now.
- Guys, this is not acceptable. If I say the meeting starts at ten, the meeting starts at ten. Not ten-o-one! And definitely not ten-twenty! All right. Let's get started. So the first thing I want to talk about is our...
- I'm really sorry, everyone! I know I'm late. But really, it's not my fault. I was getting a coffee at Starbucks, and the line was way too long. I was waiting for twenty minutes to get my coffee!
- backed up for miles
- traffic jam
- ran over
- got tied up
- running late
- in a sec
- behind schedule
- sleep in